Healthy Sleep Habits
1. Establish a regular routine by going to bed & waking up at the same time every day.
2. Exercise during the day. It might be a good idea to not exercise too late since it might make it more difficult to fall asleep.
3. Avoid having a large meal before going to bed.
4. Especially during the first few days of sobriety, take a nice, warm shower if you’re not feeling sleepy. It’ll help cool the body down and calm your mind, thereby helping you fall asleep quicker.
5. Avoid caffeine late in the day.
6. Relax and clear up your mind in the evening.
7. Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
8. If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed. Do something else until you become tired and then go back to bed.